Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposal from Dragoons

Go down 
+4
Imperator_Boru
-Crusaders-Ulrick|DD
Imperator_Ragnar
Imperator_Romulus
8 posters

Would you like a merger with Dragoons?
Yes
Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_lcap20%Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
No
Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_lcap80%Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
Not sure
Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_lcap0%Proposal from Dragoons I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Proposal from Dragoons Empty
PostSubject: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 pm

I was told today about a possible merger with the dragoon clan. www.dragoondynasty.com As he said we would be gaining much more than an "O". This would give us access to some fresh MTW2 faces....this was given to me their leader Archangle for a clan discution. What do you guys think?

{OFFICER RANKS}
***UPDATED***

The NEW Member icon:
Proposal from Dragoons Membertz3

The NEW 2nd Lieutenant icon:
Proposal from Dragoons 2ndlieutenantet0

The NEW 1st Lieutenant icon:
Proposal from Dragoons 1stlieutenantnk4

The NEW Captain icon:
Proposal from Dragoons Captainmh7

The NEW Major icon:
Proposal from Dragoons Majoraj9

The NEW Lt. Colonel icon:
Proposal from Dragoons Ltcoloneldl4

The NEW Colonel icon:
Proposal from Dragoons Colonelev6

Special Thanks are in order for colonelkernel8 for creating these special pips.

Upcoming Pips:
Instructor
Flagged Recruit

Expect Updates within the next few weeks!
{/OFFICER RANKS}

{The Grey Council}
Seti - The head-figure of the grey council that for the most part leads the clan in all aspects, diplomat/recruiter/general, and has the stature to lead while still keeping their head on straight. They are NOT supreme ruler and listen to all other casts equally to do what is best for the clan.

Warrior Cast - Consists of 3 members. Each member is a consistant general that will each eventually maintain their own legions. Their responsibility is to test all other clans in the Total War arena and categorize them according to weaknesses and strengths. Also, devising strategies for our members to use is another major role for these members.

Worker Cast - Consists of 3 members. Your main role is to bring new players to the website to make an application so that existing members have a chance to voice their opinions on them. You also decide which player goes into which legion. You do your best in maintaining the forum and keeping it clean of profanity and racial slander...and keeping it tidy.

Religious Cast - Consists of 3 members. No, you are not our priests. Although you may preach to the new members of what makes a good member, etc. Your main role, however, is to be head diplomats to other clans. This means that each of the 3 members in this cast will be given different clans to work with. You try your best to keep us out of wars, unless it is decided among the council that war is the best path.

The only rules to the council are:
Majority of votes wins
If a voting is 'vetoed' by the Seti, then a unanimous vote must be passed
You represent the backbone of the clan, so you must be active
{/The Grey Council}

{Recruiting-Applications}
You must be registered in this forum to apply!! (Click "regsiter" below the clan banner.)

Each applicant is required to make a new thread in this forum ('Apply to Join the Dragoon Dynasty'). We ask that you include some information about yourself such as your name (real name and the one you use ingame), age, whereabouts you live, how often you play, and how long you've played.

Since we're all about getting to know you, it wouldn't hurt to add what your hobbies and interests are. Perhaps a bit of RTS history, average ping, and a mention of who you already know in the clan. The last, especially, can help your chances of making it into the Dragoon Dynasty. If you come up with even more info about yourself that isn't mentioned here, feel free to add it. Remember, we'd love to get to know you, just avoid a full autobiography.

There are also a few things that won't help your chances. In fact, if you do these, we'll probably look down on you, tell you that you aren't quite Dragoon material, and vote a solid 'NO' on your application. Here's a sample list of these things:

1. Posting a short and non-descriptive application that tells us nothing about you. (You will likely be told to make a better post before anyone can form an opinion on you.)
2. Being cocky, or claiming that you are better than existing Dragoon members. (Insulting us does not make us like you.)
3. Hacking. It's lame, it's bad, and it's illegal. Just don't do it.
4. Excessive whining that someone has called you a hacker, even if you don't hack.
5. Disobeying rules. (ie. camping when you have an objective and spamming.)
6. If you belong to another clan, or join another clan while your application is in progress, it will be nulled.
7. Being a rude mean person to players and Dragoon members.
8. Posting in other people's applications.
9. Telling Dragoon members to check out your application or vote for you.

Catch our eye. Say hello to Dragoon members when you're online. Be online so we know you exist. Show some respect in the games (limit cussing). A great way to get to know Dragoon members is to join the TeamSpeak server* (72.232.242.21:8767). Don't be afraid to ask questions or be friendly.

- Only Dragoon members may post on applications. If someone that is not in the clan posts on your application, don't worry, someone will be along to tell them the error of their ways. Since you, as the applicant, aren't in the clan yet, please refrain from posting on other peoples' applications. -

- You are not a Dragoon member until you are officially approved by a high-ranking member that posts you have been accepted on your application. Wearing the Dragoon Dynasty tag when you are not in the clan is an automatic ban. -

- If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM myself or contact me via MSN at nathaniel_broadsword@yahoo.com -

* - This TeamSpeak server is a very reserved server, DO NOT GET YOURSELF BANNED. |TAG|=> are friendly, but don't ignore them or yell at them, that will get yourself removed. Look for "Kirby".

{/Recruiting-Applications}
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Ragnar
Imperator_Ragnar

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 6:47 pm

Well for sure theres one thing I dont agree with "The Dragoons"
name.It would be them changeing there names to Dragons so in fact they would be loseing an O not us gaining an O.Im not sure about all these little added "rules" / guidelines either.Yes they have nice images etc, but we have many good members and have a solid base.We have earned respect among the other clans since Rome Total War.We have little to gain and much to lose IMO.They want us to ditch our forums and our tag.I personaly like the name Dragons much better than the name Dragoons "no disrespect intended" just letting you all know how I feel.We have had other clans offer mergers as well, we refused before and now those clans have disolved and we are still strong with no signs of wearing down.
It is a nice offer but to think we would drop everthing we have worked hard for seems like a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
-Crusaders-Ulrick|DD
-Crusaders-Ulrick|DD

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 7:00 pm

I was just in chat with some m8s when I heard of this proposal so I came to check on it.
1st off who are the Dragoons ?
2nd why would we drop our tag to use theres ?
3rd who thinks they would decide all these new ranks ?
4rd who would be the Leader ? If its not Boru, then sorry I wont follow them.
5th why would we ditch our forums, I personaly like our images and set up much better.
6th images and forums dont make clans, members make clans and unfortunatly I have never seen a Dragoon in the lobbys.We have had 9 guys on at one time.
7th whats up with all these little rules and guidelines, I prefer the Dragons code of conduct "sweet and simple"

so unless we get to know these "Dragoons" I think its a very bad idea.You dont just meet a clan and try to absorb them, especialy when they are a bigger more well known clan.

same as Ninja, no disrespect intended towards the Dragoons but I must give my honest opinions.

LONG LIVE THE DRAGONS !!!!

maybe we would consider letting them join us on our terms Question
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 7:10 pm

I must agree in part with my Brothers.Theres no possible way we would drop our tag and use theres.If ever there is a chance for a merger it would be Dragons, so they would lose an "O".
The other thing is how these applications work, I dont care for it.
I like to see these players in action not a resume on there playing experience.To me there personal conduct and sportsmanship comes way before there skill level and experience.We can help players get better with practice, If they are good with crappy attitudes then they are already lost to me.
We would also have to have many more discussions on these ranks and guidlines.
So please continue on this thread my brothers, dont be shy I want to know youre exact thoughts on this matter.

king
Back to top Go down
Archangel

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 9:29 pm

The discussion with Boru has taken place many weeks ago, and we discussed if anything like this happened, neither of us would keep our "clan" name. Merging into a union guild is what we had in mind more than anything.

Romulus definitely didn't explain anything I'd hoped for him too, but thats okay, I suppose that gives me a chance to Rolling Eyes

Firstly, the purpose of this "union idea" wasn't to make either of the clans disappear, but to unify them into something stronger. Yes, you have a reputation for being active in the M2TW lobbies (I, tbh, never saw you before M2TW, that includes RTW and MTW) I, nor anyone else, is forcing you to do something. It is a proposal meant to be changed if needed, as most proposals do end up doing.

Secondly, this is me defending the application. Perhaps none f you understand what it is about. It is to know the person behind the name. It creates (hopefully) a stronger bond between the players. After applications are made, MEMBERS OF THE GUILD place their opinion (i.e. vote) on if they wish to have that person in the guild or not. applications could take from a few weeks to several months on letting someone join. I would have hoped for a TeamSpeak meeting every month or so to talk about applicants.

Thirdly, to BearClaw...what rules? I am not limiting anyone anything, and to my knowledge neither is Boru. I few guildines attitude-wise, yes, but nothing to limit anyone their right to speak their mind or whatever else you might think is needed...in a forum or online game. However, you are right, images and forums DO NOT make a clan, i have a forum that is unused, but that doesn't mean I do not have members. (The 40+ play SRO Mad )

Fourthly, there is no "one" leader, no, I will not be leader. No Boru will not be leader. There is a council. I like to call it the Grey Council since each individual part cancels the other (like a checks & balances). Each member within the council would have their own individual role, as well as leader the guild.
The "ranks" are not your normal ranks, and are given only to those who deserve them. Much like your banners, but only really mean something in the forms, and not really in game.

The dropping the tag and using ours? Not my idea. So you can drop that topic like a brick.

I would like to point out that the purpose of the union was to combine the resources, not have initial squabbles over "we have 13 men and a longer field."

Dragon Resources are the Total War Players
Dragoon Resources are graphics, flash, tournaments, prizes, and paid website(s).

If you all would like to get your heads together and come up with a UNION name, I personally would much appreciate it, and I could start some outlines of ideas. I WANT TO INCLUDE AL OF THE DRAGONS IN THIS CONVORSATION.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dragoondynasty.com
Imperator_Spawn
Imperator_Spawn

Male Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2006-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 11:48 pm

I personaly dont mind if this went on to were both clans made some type of monthly meeting to enhance a alliance, or to create a greater presence on the Mtw2 lobby.
As long as we keep our Dragon name all is good Very Happy and that my two cents lol!

Once a Dragon always a Dragon. Cool
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Swagger

Male Number of posts : 353
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 am

This does offer some benefits such as there images and maybe a more structured ranking system and so on.But even though i have only been in the Dragons for a short amount of time i have seen that we have a good name in the tw community most clans respect us due to how we fight in battle and how gracious we are in victory and defeat,these are qualitys which some clans dont have.

This union thing could be a great idea,it could make the Dragons into a much greater clan than it already is and really put us on the map.Although we could also do that by ourselfs.

oh and by the way i believe the Dragons were on rtw but really took off in mtw2.

Thats all really,Peace

Hannibal
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 11:09 am

OK, first I have to appoligize for not getting more info from Archangle. I was away for a few weeks and seemed to have missed alot, including the entire conversation about this. I had the impression that certain highlords were interested and thought I should put this up for discution. I should have gathered more details and wont go posting willie nillie in the future. So again, sorry if I didnt represent your proposal as intended Archangle.
Secoundly, I must also appoligize to Hannibal. I didnt see that we now have an ambassator(officialy) and will direct all such future dealings of this type to you. My bad.
And thirdly, I'm so glad to be in a clan with such pride and character as the mighty dragons. As Boru said we are all brothers, as the word "clan" denotes, and I would never turn my back on any dragon.
So I purpose a sweet and simple solution. Let us be allies. As the Grailknights, the Guardians of Scotland, Teutonic Order of Knights, 4 horsemen, and others are already considered dragons to me, so should the dragoons, just with an exta
"O". Wink
Those are my thoughts on it.
Back to top Go down
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:30 pm

I agree
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 5:59 pm

well spoken Romulus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 9:37 pm

After brainstorming for the last 2 minutes after work talking to Romulus, I realized that nothing is really changing for you all except a website move.

{Dragons} will still be in play
You all keep your current relative "ranks"...
council would still be the guild leadership
myself...just your friendly neighborhood admin, not a leader, not a council member (unless boru wants me to be in the council)

I take that back, there would be one change...that is if Boru agrees...the application thing...I want to know people before welcoming them into a membership...lol
Back to top Go down
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw
-Crusader- Wolfsclaw

Male Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2007-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 10:15 pm

WELLLLLL. I thought, if one person from both clans switch clans for say like 3 to 2 weeks, and see how it is, you know like a foregin exchange student.
Back to top Go down
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptySat Jul 28, 2007 8:18 am

haha....foreign exhange students bounce
Back to top Go down
-Crusaders-Ulrick|DD
-Crusaders-Ulrick|DD

Male Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptySun Jul 29, 2007 12:07 pm

My thoughts are this....If it isnt broken, then dont fix it.
Back to top Go down
Archangel

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 10:07 pm

*bump*

Kirky, check your PM's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal from Dragoons   Proposal from Dragoons Empty

Back to top Go down

Proposal from Dragoons
Page 1 of 1