Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simply the Best

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Pehlvan-e-Sindh
Imperator_Pehlvan-e-Sindh

Male Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Simply the Best Empty
PostSubject: Simply the Best   Simply the Best EmptySat May 17, 2008 12:37 pm

through my four years of RTW experience and my few months of online play ive learned that the Roman infantry simply cannot be bested in frontal combat. And after a few long nights of R&D with Alex, we've built a solid Roman Army. For anyone wishing to go Roman when online, I reccomend that you use it because in the right hands, its pretty much the DEATH STAR of the Ancient world. (I know yall have seen ALex and I bring this to the fight many times so i know its nothing totally new)

5 Urban Cohorts [Gold/Gold]
3 Praetorian Cavalry [Gold/Gold]
2 Triarii [Gold/Gold]
4 Roman Archers [Gold/Gold] or 2 Auxilia Archers [Gold/nothing]

The set up is pretty straightforward. Line up the Urbans 3-4 shields deep (depending on the size setting i like small or normal), put on triarii a little bit behind the right most cohort and do the same on the other side. Line up the Praetorians behind the triarii and sitck the archers up front. Its always best to put all the infantry on guard formation especially the triarii.

I find that wide flanking manuevars do not work well with three praetorians if you're fighting someone with good cav. Just draw in the enemy cavalry or better yet, wait for them to flank you. The triarii can easily hold a line and have incredible staying power and you can use them against chariots as well and your guaranteed a few routs.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

Simply the Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply the Best   Simply the Best EmptySat May 17, 2008 12:56 pm

cool ill try this army out.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Simply the Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply the Best   Simply the Best EmptyWed May 21, 2008 8:59 am

YES, A well balanced army for sure, took my 5 urbs maxed,4 praetorian cav maxed,and 6 roman archers maxed I was shocked well thought army Pehlvan and Alex cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Simply the Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply the Best   Simply the Best EmptyWed May 21, 2008 4:41 pm

Thanks guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Simply the Best Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simply the Best   Simply the Best Empty

Back to top Go down

Simply the Best
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Rome Total War 2 :: RTW War Room-
Jump to: