Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imperators Map Pack for RTW

Go down 
+4
|-HoS-|-Alexander
Imperator_sparta
Imperator_Pehlvan-e-Sindh
Imperator_Romulus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Imperators Map Pack for RTW Empty
PostSubject: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:00 am

I spent a few hours putting togeather a much needed map pack for our RTW battles. It adds around 75 new maps. Only the host need have it. ALL ORIGINAL MAPS ARE INCLUDED! I dont know how to upload files and what-not, and its only 16kb Very Happy , so I'll send it to anyone who wants it over xfire. See you guys in unfamiliar territory. Wink bounce

Update: I finally uploaded the file. Now you can download it from here: http://www.filefront.com/17045713/custom_locations.txt Simply put this into your Rome Total War Data folder and overwrite the old file.

To find your Data folder go to Start, My Computer , then...
Local Disk C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data.

or for some versions...
Local Disk C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\Data

Or for vista it should look like...
Local Disk C:\Programs(86x)\TheCreativeAssembly\Rome - TotalWar\Data

Just follow the path and drop it and paste it over the old one. If you did it right it will ask if you want to overwrite..say Yes.
As always if you have any questions just ask. Cool

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)
Back to top Go down

Male Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:10 am

sweet!! three cheers for Romulus! cheers cheers cheers

i believe you already have my xfire name correct?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:17 am

K, so I added anouther twenty maps or so. Now its 21kb's, and around a hundred maps! And yes I do have you xfire Pehlvan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:54 am

nice rom ill look forward to that pack. ill pm u over xfire when i come on. i was looking for this for a long time.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon May 05, 2008 7:25 am

Sweet Rom, send it my way. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptySat Dec 06, 2008 12:46 am

Ill edit this when I figure out how to make an installer. For now here's a copy of all the maps in this map pack. Just copy/paste into your custom locations folder. It'll be located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data. If you have any questions just ask.

Updated: See first post.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Imperator_Romulus on Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added spoiler)
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 1:02 am

Nice, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 3:02 am

Anytime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:10 am

Updated and stickied
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 9:36 am

good man Romulus, I needed to add this to my new pc. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:21 pm

The path for vista should look like

C:Programs(86x):TheCreativeAssembly:RomeTotalWar:data

just follow the path and drop it and paste it over the old one.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Thanks Eve. Very Happy Thats perfect, Ill add it to my post.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CohortXIII
Praetorian
Imperator_CohortXIII

Male Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 6:36 pm

....EUREKA!!! I figured it out last night. It was drivin me crazy, like"...aw man, where do i paste this thats not gonna TOOOTALLY screw me!?!" from consul Romulus' expression yesterday it seemed like not everyone has vista, and it seemed like it might be a lil diff. so if anyones havin trouble(i know im the new-guyLOL) heres how i figured it:

*the map pack file,"custom_locations" automatically downloaded to my "user:corye" file under "documents" cant remember private or public, one of those 2

* "start" "computer" " OS (C:)drive" "Program Files(86x)" "The creative assembly" "data" "custom_locations"

*now this is where i really got confused (im pretty new to computers), i dont know if its just vista or what but you cant paste the new file over the old one.

*you have to click and drag the new file to replace the existing one

ok, i hope i could help Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:19 pm

I think all thats in my first post, but Im glad you got it working. I think the part that messed you up was when I used xfire to give it to you and didnt tell you where your xfire puts its downloads. Rolling Eyes Sorry bout that, I always direct my downloads to my desktop so I can find them, I forget that most people dont do that.

Glad we have someone else who can host new maps now. bounce See you on the field!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_CohortXIII
Praetorian
Imperator_CohortXIII

Male Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2009-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:12 am

*salutes** thank you consul Romulus for your help and patience. i just learned how to send an e-mail not too long ago LOL, and i taught my self how to use a cpu from the power button on up Smile thanks brother, cant wait to do some more conquering of the battle field with ya Smile
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:24 am

Np man, I can only use a computer if it has to do with TW. lol
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 6:11 pm

The link in the first post is working again. Very Happy Also if I'd looked alittle closer I would have noticed I posted them all in a spoiler in my third post so I could have done this awhile ago, but oh well. Anyway maps are back up, and I added in the RCC Low Tier Tourney Map. If anyone needs help let me know.

Oh and I added your maps to our map pack Cohort. Nice job! Your a quick learner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imperators Map Pack for RTW   Imperators Map Pack for RTW Empty

Back to top Go down

Imperators Map Pack for RTW
Page 1 of 1