Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney Empty
PostSubject: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Here are the rules I am planning to propose to the admin above me who will setup the ladder and/or tournament:

General
Type of Gameplay: Multiplayer
Number of Maps: 1
Number of Squads: 2
Members per Squad: 1
Amount per map : 15000
Season : Summer
Weather : Random
Time of Day : Morning
Time limit : NO Time Limit!
Restrict Camera : On
Unit Scale : Large

Match Play

Best 2 out of 3.

The practice known as “corner camping” is prohibited. The penalty for violating this prohibition shall be forfeit of the MATCH. It is considered corner camping if the "corner camper" places his army so that his opponent cannot flank him because of the map boundary. There must be at least enough room for approximately four units 4 men deep to get around the flank. It is NOT corner camping if this occurs in pursuit of the enemy or as the result of combat. No protest alleging a violation of this prohibition shall be considered unless it is accompanied by a replay of the game in question.

The TWL Ladder Defender is to host all games. If the defending player cannot host, the attacking player can do so.

B. Selection Criteria

1. In making unit selections, no person may select more than 6 (six) of any one particular unit. For example, although it is permitted to select more than 6 (six) infantry units to form an army, it is not permitted to select more than 6 (six) Urban Cohorts.
2. 4. (This rule is something I am just thinking about) Artillery will be allowed in 1 of the 3 games of the match. The number of units of Artillery Units that each person forming an army may select is limited to 2 (two) total units.
3. The number of units of cavalry that each person can select is limited to 7 (seven).

What do you guys think?

draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney 09-1
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 3:30 pm

I like it Jose, well put, simple rules are the easiest to follow.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 9:09 pm

I would really like a 2v2 as well as 1v1. Rules would be the virtually the same.

Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Well, you know im always down for a 2v2 with you, and I can do 1v1s, just tell me where to sign up, and I will do it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:47 pm

Alex, whats your xfire? We'll get you all set for 2v2 and stuff after we establish voice comms. Btw, I won my first game with Macedonia. cheers

Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:53 pm

ok, my x-fire is alexandertemagnae, and secondly, nicely done Josephus. Macedonian Cavalry actually kills praetorian cavalry from our original Legion. lol!
Secondly, I will need to get a new headset to get a voice com going, my little bro broke my last one Sad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 8:57 am

Campanions can kill Preatorian cav under certain circumstances. This guy I played did not upgrade his cav and still killed roughly 1/2 of my Campanions. If it wasn't for the light lancers I would have lost the cav battle. If you want to test them head-to-head we can prove it.

BTW, I will be submitting the TWL rules today.
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Alright, sounds good, whats your x-fire?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 8:09 pm

So its 7500 denarii each?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney   draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney Empty

Back to top Go down

draft of rules for TWL ladder/tourney
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Tavern-
Jump to: