Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pazu's war story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Pazu's war story Empty
PostSubject: Pazu's war story   Pazu's war story EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 4:26 pm

So i dont know how many of you are familiar with 'Three Kingdoms: Total War' mod for Rome TW but recently ive been playing it alot on my desktop which i just brought back to life and still has no internet (i need a wifi card which costs like 60 dollars Sad )

Anyways allow me to explain what happened in my campaign.

Three Kingdoms Total War covers the Three Kingdoms period of Chinese history from the years 196-302 (roughly). So i played as the Southern Barbarians, a barbarian faction from Yunnan that is very interesting, because its the only faction in the mod that has elephants, as well it has many interesting other units. Beyond the jungles to the north are the Yizhou, a Han chinese frontiersman faction. To the east of them are the Shu-Han, also a bit of a frontiers faction with an amazing military scientist named Zhuge Nu as their leader (zhuge nu in chinese means repeating crossbow, he invented them and armed his elite soldiers with them). To the east of there, south of a great river (i should know the name of this lol) is the Dong Wu, who are specialized in archery and have good cavalry. Finally there are the Wei to the north, just south of Beijing, and they are the most 'Roman-like' faction and rely heavily on tried and true tactics of the previous Dynasty like massed pikemen and heavy cavalry. There are other factions but this is all u need for now.

So i start my campaign unifying the rebel territories under my banner to the north and to the east. The map cuts off to the south and west. This is something of a lengthy process although as soon as i get elite units like elephants, head hurlers, beast masters and female horse archers i am able to defeat them very quickly. My armies at this point have no particular organization and are usually a mix of the elite units along with weaker units to supplement. I then go on north to conquer the Yizhou. They were somewhat caught off guard so this wasnt too hard to accomplish. However at this point i decide to reform my armies. The elite units are only recruitable through shrines dedicated to the Pagan gods my faction worships. However the Yizhou did not share the same religion, and so i decided to not destory their religious buildings and replace them with mine. When i started a war with the Shu Han i ran into a dilemma: The only way to get elite units was to recruit them in my original provinces, which were too far away from the place of the battles. So at this time i decided to reform my army structure. Now my armies were more uniform, all of them had a set number of light infantry, heavy infantry, archers and cavalry, and all other slots would be filled with other units. We relied on sheer numbers rather than strong units, although i continued to use strategy to my advantage. After a long time i was able to drive the Shu Han back until they held only 3 provinces. However, this is where my problems started. These 3 provinces were surrounded by mountains. And the Shu Han, although significantly inferior numerically, had elite troops, and defeated my armies on a regular basis. Their Ba'ier and Feathered Forest pike units could defeat 3 times as many light and heavy infantry, their arbalestiers (heavy crossbowmen) and repeating crossbows could defeat 3 times as many of my archers, and the unit i dreaded the most, the Wudangfei Mounted Guard, could defeat 5 or 6 times as many of my light cavalry. I sent waves and waves of men to no avail. Meanwhile, the Dong Wu in the east had consolidated the whole of south eastern China, and i became their allies. But there was also the Wei to the north, who eventually conquered the whole north half of the campaign map. They were already at war with the Dong Wu, and were looking to invade my lands. Finally, in the year 290, i was able to conquer a Shu Han province. But it was too late. The Wei had amassed their unstoppable and infinite armies on my norther border, and had begun the push downwards into my territory. Within 15 turns i had been totally crushed by the Wei. And the Shu Han survived, with 2 territories, and were allies of the Wei.

Thus ends Pazus great war story
*phew*
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Pazu's war story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pazu's war story   Pazu's war story EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

Great story Pazu! I didnt like the beginning, the part about not having internet. The rest was good though. cheers

Is that mod listed in our mod section?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Pazu's war story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pazu's war story   Pazu's war story EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:09 pm

hmm, i dont know, i will check Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pazu's war story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pazu's war story   Pazu's war story Empty

Back to top Go down

Pazu's war story
Page 1 of 1