Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shogun Total War 2

Go down 
+5
Imperator_Pazu
Icesham
Imperator_Celtic
Imperator_TNA
Imperator_Boru
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey guys look what I stumbled on

Quote:
Title: Shogun 2: Total War™️
Published by SEGA. Developed by The Creative Assembly.
Format: PC- DVD
1 to 8 players
Ratings: ESRB Teen, PEGI 16, OFLC M, USK 12 – All provisional
Release date: 2011
MASTER THE ART OF WAR TO BECOME THE UNDISPUTED RULER OF MEDIEVAL JAPAN
In 2000, the Creative Assembly re-invented the strategy genre with Shogun: Total War, an unprecedented blend of 3D real-time battles and turn-based management game and the first offering in the multi-award winning series. With over 7 million units sold and universal acclaim from the press and community, Total War has consistently been at the cutting edge of the genre and is today one of the most successful PC franchises of all time.
In 2011, the makers of Rome and Empire: Total War will release the sequel to the game that started it all. Shogun 2: Total War will take long-time veterans and newcomers alike to the next level of strategy gaming on PC. Based on 10 years of experience in making Total War, Shogun 2 is the perfection of the series with a new Artificial Intelligence (AI), revolutionary multiplayer modes, brand new campaign map options and epic 3D real-time battles.
It is the middle of the 16th century in Medieval Japan. The country, once ruled by a unified government, is now split into many warring clans. The player takes on the role of one Daimyo – the clan leader – and will use military engagements, economics and diplomacy to achieve the ultimate goal: re-unite Japan under his supreme command and become the new Shogun – the undisputed ruler of Japan.
Set during the golden age of Samurai warfare, Shogun 2 brings to life the most turbulent period of Japanese history.
Total War redefined
Shogun 2 is the ultimate refinement of the original formula with a new, cutting-edge AI, more polish and online functionality than ever before. The result is the perfect mix of real-time and turn-based strategy gaming that invites both veterans of Total War and new players to experience the enjoyment and depth of the series.
New character progression
Choose from 9 different clans and compete on and offline for the undisputed supremacy of Medieval Japan. Gain experience to level up your own character-warlord as well as your generals and agents.
A complete single and multiplayer offering
Play through the Main Campaign in single player or invite a friend online to play competitively or cooperatively in Campaign Multiplayer mode. Join 8-player multiplayer battles with your own upgradable avatar and climb the online Leaderboard to show the world who reigns supreme. Also including exciting new modes of team play for clans, a first in the Total War series.
New Generation AI system
Developed according to Sun Tzu’s principles in the Art of War, the Artificial Intelligence constantly analyses its situation and reacts to your every move with greater precision and variety.
Improved land and naval battle gameplay
Land battles never felt so realistic with new multi-staged castle sieges and terrain features changing according to the weather and time of the day - turning each engagement into a tactical challenge. Set buildings on fire to force garrisoned troops out and use your units’ special abilities to turn the tide of the battle.
Naval combat also offers more variety with the addition of coastal battles. Islands can work as effective cover for your ships, while sand bars and reefs can be used as traps against an enemy fleet.
Accessible and in-depth empire-building gameplay
A streamlined User Interface makes management of your kingdom much easier. Build and govern cities, recruit and train troops, conduct diplomacy and manage your agents – each feature is now introduced with comprehensive tutorials, gradually revealing the depth of the Shogun 2 campaign map – the heart and soul of the Total War experience.

That will be awesome !
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:26 pm

If everything they claim will be in is in, this will be an instant buyy. sounds so hottttt Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Male Number of posts : 1773
Registration date : 2006-12-31

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:58 pm

now this one i cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:00 am

seriously this is awesom awesom awesom.
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 1:09 am

Hells ya looks sweet
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 8:54 am

yea man Im excited to get my hands on this one. I will with out a doubt get this.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Pazu
Senate
Imperator_Pazu

Male Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 12:42 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I HAVE TO GET THIS! Razz

looks awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:16 pm

Man I really thought it would be RTW2... Oh well I loved the first Shogun. Cool As always I can t wait. bounce What was your source Boru?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 11:24 pm

@ Arcani website in the arcani tavern "The Final Countdown" http://www.arcani.net/forum.html

which they talk about a post from http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic/71479
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 2:48 pm

to me there is no need for rome 2,its pretty much perfect just how it is.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptySat May 29, 2010 10:44 pm

I love Rome, but it could really use an update/graphical overhaul. I still have high hopes that they will make a new one before I turn 40. Smile

Hmm with only 9 factions and (probably) a smaller map I wonder if they are planning on tring to making it with a 9 player online campaign... probably not, but interesting.

Im not sure about the "Gain experience to level up your own character-warlord" and "Join 8-player multiplayer battles with your own upgradable avatar". Just have to wait and see.

Good find Boru.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: can i take mongolia?   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:32 am

ill be forced to use mongolia,we all know how much i hate to use them.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 3:05 am

Hmm Celtic, I bet Mongol Invasion that will be the expansion again. IDK it seems to me that all the factions will be the same except for a few unique units each. The first one only had 1 unit differance between them.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:24 am

i never played the first game but ill be dissapointed if there is no mongols right away.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2010 11:25 am

and if there is mongols can i claim them as my main faction,cause they were always my #2 at med 2.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Well we wont have any official info untill E3 in two weeks. bounce

or.... http://pc.ign.com/articles/109/1093664p1.html Cool

Hero units able to hold a bridge against a whole army? Hmm I really really hope they dont make it too arcady.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:22 pm

was creative assembly involved with empire?and one spartan can hold a whloe army in rome bridge if u set it up right,its a glitch thow.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: that read   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:35 pm

made me a little anxious i cant wait for it to come out.looks like no mongols thow.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:07 pm

that guy had a sick mostache mask Razz

looks good, shame my comp won't be able to run it. probably gonna use a new engine. or a revamped napoleon one. or it just looks shinier and gives my comp an even bigger heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Celtic
Senate
Imperator_Celtic

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 pm

some day you will get a better computer then get the game.ill still be here if u wanna 2v2 .
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 2:16 am

Developer Q&A
http://blogs.sega.com/totalwar/2010/06/08/shogun-2-total-war-qa/

Quote :
Here is an exclusive interview Total War’s Lead Designer James Russell regarding the recently announced Shogun 2: Total War.

It has been a decade since Shogun launched the Total War series. What were the reasons for returning to where it all began for Shogun 2: Total War?

In many ways, Empire: TW represented the expansion of Total War to its greatest extent in terms of global, geopolitical scale – and that fitted the reach of the great powers of that era. What we are excited about with Shogun 2 is to taking things back to a more contained, pre-modern environment where we can really focus on characters & immersion – and in a fresh setting, away from the map of Europe. Rather than having to portray many different cultures across the world, we can delve deeply into portraying one culture in beautiful detail. The game will still be epic in scale – but in terms of story and depth rather than by encompassing much of the world in geographic scope.

Feudal Japan is an incredibly evocative setting with so much great content for the game: bushido (the Way of the Warrior), mighty warlords leading vast samurai armies into battle; huge castles and epic sieges in unique landscapes like nothing you’ve seen in Europe.

Chronologically, where does Shogun 2: Total War fit in the timeline of the original game?

As in Shogun: TW, the setting we have is during Japan’s Sengoku Jidai: the warring states period in the 16th century, before the Tokugawa Shogunate asserted its complete control and ended the anarchy.

We have chosen this setting now for the same reasons we chose it a decade ago: it was a time of epic struggle between the feudal lords of rival clans across Japan. With the breakdown of central authority, there was constant warfare and any one of many clans could have ended up winning. It’s the perfect setting for a Total War game where the player can choose one of many factions all competing for the final victory in what was the most turbulent period of Japanese history.

It was the time when a uniquely Japanese samurai culture was forged. It was also a time of great change: for example, first contact with Europeans saw the introduction of Christianity and later the first large-scale use of firearms in Japanese armies. This opens up lots of interesting gameplay choices for the player that are unique to this specific period.

How has the Total War series progressed since the original game and what will this bring to the sequel?

Clearly, PC technology has come on so far in the last ten years, and we can do things that were simply impossible before: the game engines for both campaign and battle have been completely revolutionised (and re-written) several times over since the original game which had sprites in battle and a 2D campaign map. Now we can portray huge samurai armies in all their glory with a new and improved battle graphics engine that looks utterly stunning. On the campaign side, we will depict the unique geography of Japan with the most beautiful map we have ever produced. We are constantly looking at ways to improve the game, and each new project gives us the opportunity to push into new territory.

The Total War team consulted with Professor Stephen Turnbull during the production of Shogun: Total War. Will you also be working with any experts in the field for Shogun 2?

Well we’re actually working with Stephen again this time round, and he’s been involved from very early in the project. He’s been to see us in the studio (his journey down, carrying authentic pieces of samurai armour raised a few eyebrows on the train!); we are talking to him regularly about planned features and game content – he’s been a fantastic help for us: not only making sure we stay on the right path, but also giving us a lot of inspiration (watching all the Kurosawa movies helps a lot too!).

As a studio, we have much lower staff turnover than many in the industry, and there are still a fair few people working on Total War who have been here from the very beginning, not least Mike Simpson.

Empire: Total War introduced naval warfare to the series. Is there a chance that the feature will return to make an impact on feudal Japan?

Of course – Japan is an island nation, and the sea is never far away. One thing to emphasise is that the way naval battles were fought in Japan during this period is very different from the bigger-is-better artillery-fests of the 18th century European contests we represented in Empire. Japanese ships of the era were full of samurai swordsmen and archers, so we’re focusing a lot on boarding systems and stone-scissors-paper interplay between different ship types. Another big addition is the inclusion of land masses at sea: this provides new terrain-based tactical play as well as helping orient the player. We think we can make naval battles in Shogun feel very fresh & new – and be more fun to play than ever before.

What other areas of the game might see major changes with Shogun 2?

When we begin development, as a team we immerse ourselves in the period and the setting that we are trying to bring to life in the game. We develop features that reflect the battles and the military & economic dilemmas of the time (as well as making for great gameplay).

On the campaign map this means we fold in the importance of honour, treachery, clan & family, and many other aspects of being a warlord in feudal Japan. Of course, we need a completely new set of agents and agent abilities too.

On the battle side, special, historically accurate, hero characters can help turn the tide of battle. We’re also giving siege mechanics a complete overhaul: Japanese castles are very different from European castles, and we’re working hard to make the layouts look convincingly Japanese as well as playing well.

We’re also planning some very exciting things for the multiplayer part of the game, so watch this space!

What do you want to achieve overall with Shogun 2: Total War?

We really want to make Shogun 2 a thing of beauty, and the most immersive Total War game ever. We are focusing on pushing gameplay depth and polish rather than raw ‘size’ or scope: doing more with less.

Internally, we are calling these things together (beauty, depth, polish and immersion) the Zen of Total War. We are absolutely committed to making Shogun 2 the most breathtaking Total War experience ever.

Thank you for your time!

Stay tuned to www.TotalWar.com for all the latest Shogun 2: Total War information, and be sure to become a fan on Facebook and Twitter.

Best regards,

Mark O’Connell
The Creative Assembly
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:49 am

the excitement for this game is getting higher each new post I read. bounce
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Me too man. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-06-11

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:26 pm

Screen shots!!!!
http://www.devoticustodes.net/forum/showthread.php?p=41703#post41703
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:23 pm

OMG, the night battles look awsome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shogun Total War 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shogun Total War 2   Shogun Total War 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun Total War 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next