Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just an Idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Logris
Logris

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-06-02

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Hey gang..I was just daydreaming a little and had an idea and wanted to run it by some of you and get some feedback.

I was thinking that since our presence of multiple mebers at the same time in game is often irratic why dont we declare a guild/clan night>weekly tourney.

The idea is this..we all try to figure out what is a good night that most of our members can be on for at least a few hours. It wont be mandatory, but once we figure out a good night for most of us we can Declare this our weekly Tournament night.

The idea is to beef up the Dragons presence at least one night a week and make a strong showing online as well to other clans/guilds. On this night we take all our dragon brothers and devide up into teams of 2,4 or 6 each each..preferably with 1 person in each group with a computer strong enough to host.

WE then play a series of short 5k games in 1v1/2v2/3v3 depending on the size of your grp. In this manner we all get a chance to know each other a little better, play with and against each other and begin to learn one anothers play styles etc. the 5k games keep it relatively short, and lag free, and the practice will only benefit us as a whole. after a while..we will all have a chance to play with one another..and this will make for more cohesive teamwork vs others in the future.

Its kinda like a practice /guild meeting night where we can just have fun as a guild for a few hours and..our presence online will impress any new prospective recruits...I know if i was just getting started or in a guild that had few guildies on when i was...and i saw that on Saturday nights<example>, The Dragons had like 16 players on and were always ingame..never just hanging arround the lobby all night, I'd want to be a part of a guild that active!!...lol

Anyhow, another benefit to this is that over time we will all become acustomed to what each other will do and how they play..making for much better teamwork vs others.

WE can even have a small scoring system for these nights...for example> Guild members with either single or grp Heroic victories can be awarded Touorney medals...but only for Heroic victories. over time if you collect say 5 or 10 etc. Tourney medals in addition to your overall wins /ss it may speed up promotions, or creat new ranks, or simply be a badge of honor that shows your comitment and participation in guild activities...and I am sure our Clan leaders do reward good and active participation in many ways. I'm not sure how the whole thing would go just yet..and its totally open for sugestions if you guys like the idea.

Anyhow..it was an idea..and if it poses too much of a problem, or has already been tried and failed etc....then nevermind..lol. I just wanted to see if we could find a way to all get together and improve as a guild at least one night a week...and maby i can meet a few more of you besides just Boru, Kirkwood and Dragonclaw...lol.

So feel free to shoot it down, or offer sugestions...its just an idea..but one i think could help our growth and overall sucess if done right.

PS...using Teamspeak on these nights would work very well to organize things and keep them moving quickly..so we get the most amt of games in in the shortest amt of time....and we all kinda get to know each other on a slightly more personal lvl.

Let me know what ya think my brothers...I'll see you guys out there...Long live the Dragon Riders!!!!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 7:46 am

I think thats a great idea ! The hardest part will be timed cordination, since all the time zones.So we will be useing GMT.I have a thread called GMT in the Guildthat will convert youre time into the world time.I prupose friday or saturday nights 5:00 pm cali time (cali is gmt -7) so that would be gmt 24:00.
I also would consider an earllier hours sunday, as my wife works on sundays Smile.You guys come up with a time that everyone likes and Im sure i can find a way.Just a note, many of us have full time jobs so consider that into the time frame.
Back to top Go down
Logris
Logris

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 6:16 pm

Saturday nights are good for me as well...I work Mon-Fri and sometimes on Saturday mornings...but Sat night i can stay up late so that works for me.

I will propose Saturday nights then..as Boru has sugested as our Guild Tourney Night. all who think they could attend most Saturday nights ..post your replies..if that night is not good for you tell us which ones are ..if we get enough on an alternate night then we can try that one.

Once we have a night voted on and set for this weekly event, we can sit down and hammer out the details of how it will work, and what we want to actually acomplish on these nights..and what sort of merit system we might incorperate into it.

Anyhow..later guys...lets here your thoughts on this...and more sugestions are always welcome.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Great idea! Saturdays sound good to me too. I tend to sleep in so afternoons are better for me. I'm on the east coast so im gmt-5. I was fairly sure west coast was gmt-8, but i could be wrong.

Anyway set up a time and I'll try to accommodate. Smile I Look forward to playing with a hoard of dragons.

P.S. I think it is also important for everyone to be on xfire to help our coordinate play times. I think more players use xfire then the ones who check the web site regularly.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 10:42 pm

west coast gmt changes in fall and spring, so right now -7 but in fall we fall back 1 hour to -8 and spring we spring forward agin 1 hour.You can check it out on GMT thread for those who dont know.I made it a sticky so it will be on top.I agree with Rom,
xfire is the best way to cordinate times.
Back to top Go down
Logris
Logris

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyThu Jun 14, 2007 6:49 pm

ok well then we are looking at aproximately 7pm mountain time on Saturdays then?....That would be 8pm central, 9pm eastern and 6pm Pacific for all our US players.....we will have to coordinate on x-fire to get all international yimes coordinated with it.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Ragnar
Imperator_Ragnar

Number of posts : 198
Registration date : 2006-12-01

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 8:18 am

Logris you are a good man trying to cordinate a show of strength in the lobby, salute! Unfortuantly I cannot make any promises, as Boru and the others know I work on average 70 hours a week when Im not in my studys.I usaly only get a hour in here and there.But if im ever able I would love to fight by youre sides.Boru speaks highly of all of you ! Im usaly on 9:00
GMT for about 1 hour , i go back and forth from rome to mtw2
and sometimes ntw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just an Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just an Idea   Just an Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

Just an Idea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Tavern-
Jump to: