Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) Empty
PostSubject: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 1:56 pm

I had my first experience of someone not following host set rules in a ranked naval battle. I banned rocket ships because they are overpowered. The guy said sure and proceeded to buy in excess of 12 rocket ships... affraid I didnt say anything to him when the game started. He obviously won (I love beating people who didnt follow the rules but that didnt pan out in this case). I only lost 130 points...

I hosted immediately after that game. This time I set the era o n early (no rocket ships in early). I believe the same guy joined under a different name. The reason I think this is he asked if I could tell what aliases he has. When I asked him why he is concerned about it, he gave me some lame story about someone knowing his IDs. When he realized it was early, he left.

All this ruins my idealistic view of the internet. I thought I could trust everything and everyone... Sad

I guess I shouldn't have given him my Social Security number. lol!
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:40 pm

Shocked ss number...what were you thinking Razz

You can view all the players you recently played against on steam and check there profiles, maybe he was checking to see if you do that ?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 pm

No, he was thinking I could check PID like in rome.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_brownbomber
Imperator_brownbomber

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-08

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyTue May 12, 2009 12:53 pm

i destroyed DRAGON de noansouty today, he has the full 8 stars in his rating. i was in the mood and have got the hang of this game now

i lulled him into a false sense of security, had the combination of 6 cav ( 3heavy, 3 dragoons), 6 line, 4 grenzers, 1 grenadier, 1 normal jaeger, he had no chance. i still had a third of my inf left and about 50% of my cav left over at the end

at the critical moment, when i was clearing up, i got "you dropped the game " on screen

is it mere coincidence that it happened when i was seconds away from my biggest victory, problem really at my end, or did the dragon pull the plug ?
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Wow, great job BB! And good book in your avatar, I'll love to read it.

That really sucks when someone drops. Usually if it put you back at the multiplayer lobby it was the other person who dropped, and you get the win. Very Happy If it was you who dropped, then you probably lost the full amount of points for that game. Sad That happened to me at least six times when my power supply was going out. The only way to be sure if you gained or lost points is to keep up with your multiplayer stats and see if they changed after battle.

What seems to be happening to me lately is either I or my ally(I always play team games) will destroy one of the other players, so they leave, giving us an instant win and full experiance points. Id reather play it to the finish, but a wins a win.

I also had someone break the rules for the first time in forever. 2 art max no mortors/rockets, he brings 3 large mortors. Luckly he dropped after thirty min(giving us a win), cause I didnt bring an army to deal with 3 mortors and I was pissed.

Also, it sucks that ppl have to be on your friends list to check their alias. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Konstantine

Male Number of posts : 768
Registration date : 2007-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:46 pm

dang I want this game...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)   Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsportsmanlike conduct (15 yards and a first down!)
Page 1 of 1