Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MP Bug

Go down 
+3
Icesham
Imperator_TNA
Imperator_Boru
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Boru
Consul
Imperator_Boru

Male Number of posts : 3305
Registration date : 2006-10-22

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

I was online earlier and I heard about this mp bug that alows players to switch unit's stats around and use them vs other players in ranked games Shocked . Thats dreadful to hear and I hope they come up with a fix real fast.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_TNA
Senate
Imperator_TNA

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2007-06-11

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:25 pm

Apparently the files the data is contained in (.pack files) can be modified and still be usable online.
This is the reason you see people playing minor factions. There is also people who change the costs of units, which can mean elite infantry spam/ 1st rate spam.

Hopefully CA will fix it quick
Back to top Go down
Icesham
Icesham

Male Number of posts : 798
Registration date : 2007-12-23

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:28 pm

Damm cheaters Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Rais
Imperator_Rais

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-28

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 am

A bug isn't too bad. It's nearly impossible for me to join any online game. It says No response from host or failed to connect.

On the official forum it seems a lot of people are having problems connecting. Was hoping that with steam conncetion problems would be a thing of the past, but now i miss Gamespy lol! .

When i host there is usually no problem. I will have to do some more research to fix this, or wait for a fix.

Back to my campaign...
Back to top Go down
http://rais-zwolle.hyves.nl/
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Hmm, I thought they fixed that with the last patch. I havent had anyone lock up when they join my games anymore. Yeah maybe its always better for the host, I dont know. What is your steam download region set to Rais? You might have better luck tring to join games in a differant region.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_brownbomber
Imperator_brownbomber

Male Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-11-08

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm

incidentally, am i the only one finding this game hard ? if you know your geometry, yr fine, and if you fire on the enemyy before they do, you win the bloodbath. every time i have a battle, i feel like i need to get my protractor and slide rule out, and call newton and gallilei....i find the road to independence very difficult, i got to about 1893, captured about 7 regions ( you need to capture 15 before negotiating episode IV), then i'm set upon by everyone. i've had the game since it was released and can't get passed this stage.

the main campaign, i won't even consider, the road to independence has put me off ever so slightly, looks far too complex for it's own good, i hope CA go back to pre 1700 in the next game, and not forward the the mechanisms and industrial warfare of the 20th century.

i feel like binning the game
Back to top Go down
Imperator_brownbomber
Imperator_brownbomber

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:34 pm

.......sorry, should read "1793" not 1893
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 9:33 pm

In the Road to Independence I find it helpful to gift most of the natives with horses to keep in their good graces. I went so far as to give Spain some jewels and now everyones very friendly with me accept, of course, the British and their one indian ally. Its worth giving up a turns worth of income for ten years of peace. I also allied with the cherokee to keep my southern flank sucure. After you have control all the way down to Flordia you can move all your troops north. Oh and trade with everone you can.

Oh and you can EDIT your posts silly BB. Very Happy Its on the top right.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_brownbomber
Imperator_brownbomber

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:03 pm

thank you romulus for your advice,

tried once again, it was a debacle,

i won the the battle bunker hill, i was pinned back immediately, gaind one area, within 4 turns my faction was destroyed.

i shall try again
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Josephus
Imperator_Josephus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-02-02

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:55 am

any confirmation on this bug? is it a reality? I havent run into anything odd as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Rais
Imperator_Rais

Male Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-07-28

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 4:05 pm

My region is Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg), i played a couple of games yesterday which worked. Hope this will continue king
Back to top Go down
http://rais-zwolle.hyves.nl/
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 6:40 pm

Imperator_brownbomber wrote:
thank you romulus for your advice,

tried once again, it was a debacle,

i won the the battle bunker hill, i was pinned back immediately, gaind one area, within 4 turns my faction was destroyed.

i shall try again

Yeah, the sooner you can pacify the natives the better off you'll be. It should be alittle easier on your next go around.

Imperator_Rais wrote:
My region is Benelux (Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg), i played a couple of games yesterday which worked. Hope this will continue king

Ah cool Rais, thats good to know. I'll make a new post and hopefully everyone will post what region they paly in the most. Very Happy I think most of us are playing in one of the U.S. regions(all the same server) or the UK&Ireland region.

Imperator_Josephus wrote:
any confirmation on this bug? is it a reality? I havent run into anything odd as of yet.

I'm almost certain that people can mod the unit stats and still play against people online. Mad Ranked or unranked. Yet anouther reason for me to avoid ranked matches for now. I'd be surprised if this isnt fixed in the very next patch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MP Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: MP Bug   MP Bug Empty

Back to top Go down

MP Bug
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Empires Total War :: Empires Chat-
Jump to: