Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Attack of the Snow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Male Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2008-05-17

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 11:32 pm

Jeez man, we haven't gotten a foot of snow in Jersey since like '01. I think Global Warming is to blame... or just bad luck in terms of weather pattterns.

Looks like Wolf and Boru won't have to worry about it. So be it, more shoveling for me and Celtic!!! lol!

Mace
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Romulus
Consul
Imperator_Romulus

Male Number of posts : 2273
Registration date : 2007-02-26

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 pm

It was 34 in Florida when I went to work this morning. pale
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Male Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-05

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 pm

You are right, I will not have to worry about it. It was 67 outside when I went to school. Sorry guys, you might have won the Civil War, but the South still holds the ring for best Weather Patterns. Razz
Back to top Go down
Imperator_sparta
Senate
Imperator_sparta

Male Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2007-03-15

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Nah man California has the best weather patterns. And i believe we were north Cool
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 2:29 am

California was not a state at the time of the Civil War... You are so not Cool Surprised
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 am

On the contrary, Sparta is actually correct. Both California and Oregon were admitted as Union States in the war (part of the "North"). California was admitted in 1850. I know these things to be fact. geek

Mace
Back to top Go down
|-HoS-|-Alexander
|-HoS-|-Alexander

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:03 am

Admitted during the war. Okay, So I was wrong in that, however if you look back at Presidential Polls and Voting California tended to side with the "Solid South" and almost always voted with the Democratic Party, a trend that has continued to this day. It was not much of a contributor to the war as most of the land separating it from the rest of the US where territories and California did not have enough man-power to contribute to the war without forfeiting its statehood because it did not have enough citizens.
Back to top Go down
Imperator_Macedonian
Diplomat
Imperator_Macedonian

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Calfornia only voted with the "Solid South" as you call it, because before around Post WW2 the parties policies were switched around unlike today. The Republicans were liberal and dominated the North. The Democrats were conservative and dominated the South, ever since Jackson was elected in 1820's. Also California voted that way for two main reasons--

1. The adverse urban population created by the gold rush and the equally populated farm communities favored consevative actions, so they voted with the Democrats more often that not. This is shown today as California stills votes Democrat, but because the urban population grew to an enoumus extent, liberal actions are now favoured, but the party remains the same.

2.Most of the people in the farming communities originally helped settle the west, most of which were from Missouri, a Southern State.

Mace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attack of the Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attack of the Snow   Attack of the Snow Empty

Back to top Go down

Attack of the Snow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Imperators :: Tavern-
Jump to: