Imperators
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Total War Clan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The One Man Ambush

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Imperator_Eve6
Praetorian
Imperator_Eve6

Male Number of posts : 726
Registration date : 2008-06-18

The One Man Ambush Empty
PostSubject: The One Man Ambush   The One Man Ambush EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 9:04 am

This is a little piece of art i did yesterday with almasy and then with Genghis.

The setups 6 cav max, no art, no ele. ive never tried it with other rules, but the cav max is key.

The maps Pavia, this is because the mansion is key to the plot, although it may work with other maps, but as ive only tried this twice, i do not know.

i use milan, money is around 9-12k each, i get 1 gen, 4 maxxed men at arms, and one ducale. the ducale is the key piece to the whole thing so it is of the utmost importance. 3 dissed men at arms and 4 crossbows with upgrades depending on the money.

My partner should be a inf army for the trick to work, but a cav army would be ok as well.

in setup, i hide my inf and my ducale. my gen is behind my crosses who are out in the open. my men at arms are on the left of the crosses.

when the battle begins, in my experiance, they will start on top of the hill in front of me, my partner should do nothing, save sending some light cav or ha to help, my cav wheels around the mansion while my crossbows engage all of their archers. doesn't matter how many, the point is in me engaging their archers by myself. once my cav is in position, they will put some cav to defend the back, and i charge them immediatly. they will bring in the rest of their cav to wipe mine out, while this is happening, me and my partner charge our in and cav, wiping out their armies while they were focuses on my cav in the back.

its called the one man ambush due to the fact that if your lucky, the ducale will remain unseen, but they may also charge the crosses with cav, and you trap the cav with the gen and ducale because they cant commit so many with my cav rolling to their backside.

almasy has the screen of our win with that tactic, when he was the danes. and once i go through my replays, ill show you the screen with Genghis as my partner as the Scottish.
Back to top Go down

The One Man Ambush
Page 1 of 1